Here are some tips for finding looks that will enhance the wonderfulness, sensuality and natural prettiness of you during your shoot:
Preparing for your shoot
- Visualize the clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props you will want to wear for your shoot. Flip through your favorite fashion magazines to discover ways to pair colors, fabrics, and styles for easy runway glamour.
- Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
- Grab a style-savvy and fun-loving friend and hit women’s fashion boutiques to hunt down an ensemble that not only flatters your figure but also makes you feel comfortable, unquestionably beautiful and relaxed.
- Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but please remember sometimes a tight T-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier. Let your own personality shine through.
- Bring something meaningful to you or your significant other; this serves as a great way to personalize your shoot. It may be lingerie your husband gave you on your first anniversary, for instance, or a vintage charm bracelet you found on a scouting expedition while on vacation. One of our clients creatively chose to pose with her artwork for a true one-of-a-kind statement.
5 Days before your shoot
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to
make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun / do not spray tan– while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, orange, blotchy skin will not.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels.
Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you
travel to the studio.
Day before your shoot
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and
panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and
traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
Day of your shoot
- Use clear deodorant, please.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!).
- Have your final Purrfect Boudoir payment ready (check, credit card, or cash).
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a wee bit
nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands.
We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
- HAVE FUN!
The satisfaction of my clients is my top priority, here’s what they’re saying…
I had a great time during my boudoir photoshoot. Rebekah made me feel so comfortable and knew how to work with me and the environment to get the best shot. I love how my pictures came out, as does my husband!LeahThe Knot
The shoot was successful and the photos were amazing! She listened to what I wanted to do and delivered. I highly recommend Purrfect!LaurieThe Knot
I recently did a boudoir photoshoot with Purrfect Boudoir and it was nothing short of amazing. I love the photos and feel that she really captured my sexier side. The playlist she had during the shoot really put me in the mood. My husband loves the pictures too!! I plan to do this again soon!LeticiaThe Knot
Had such a great experience, it was so much fun. Pics came out amazing. Thank you Rebekah for everything.RebbecaThe Knot
My photoshoot with Purrfect Boudoir Photography was amazing. The photographer Rebekah was extremely kind and very accommodating. She knew exactly what to say and do to make me feel comfortable during my shoot. She used to model for boudoir photographers so she gave me directions and tips to help me pose. My pictures came out Purrfect! ThanksThe Knot
I was scared, nervous but also intrigued by this. I went in with an open mind wanting to try something new and I was blown away! Rebekah was fun, creative and had a awesome personality. She had alot of ideas and made me feel like I was on top of the world during and after the shoot. I'm so glad I did this and I'm really glad Purrrfect was the company I shot with.Adrian F.The Knot